AMSOIL is prepared for the next generation of diesel oils. Premium Synthetic Diesel Oil and OE Synthetic Diesel Oil will be discontinued, replaced with new AMSOIL Signature Series Max-Duty Synthetic Diesel Oil and AMSOIL Heavy Duty Diesel Oil in February.
The two upcoming new API Diesel Oil Specifications focus on these five goals:
- Reduced Emissions
- Improved Fuel Economy
- Stronger Oxidation Stability
- Better Shear Stability
- Increased Resistance To Aeration
API’s new CK-4 Specification is designed for current model year and older Diesel engines and is backward compatible with API CJ-4 (and prior) oils.
The new API FA-4 specification is designed to further improve fuel economy and reduce emissions. FA-4 oils are not backward compatible and may only be used in certain 2017 and newer over the road trucks, when approved by the original equipment manufacturer. (OEM)
A Sneak Peak
The launch of the new API Specifications in December will prompt a significant change in the AMSOIL Synthetic Diesel Oil Lineup as all new API CK-4 diesel oils are added to the mix. Premium Synthetic Diesel oil (DEO, DME) will be discontinued and replaced by AMSOIL Signature Series Max-Duty Synthetic Diesel Oil and OE Synthetic Diesel Oil (OEC, OED ) will be discontinued and replaced by new AMSOIL Heavy Synthetic Diesel Oil in February.
AMSOIL Signature Series Max Duty Synthetic Diesel Oil
Like Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil for gasoline engines, Signature Series Max Duty Synthetic Diesel Oil will represent the top tier of AMSOIL protection and performance for Diesel engines. Signature Series will be available in 5W-40 and 15W-40 viscosities, as well as new 0W-40 and 5W-30 viscosities.
- Max -Duty engine protection and performance.
- Significantly exceeds industry requirements.
- Full OEM specification coverage.
- Reduced oil consumption.
- Extended drain intervals, including reintroduction of 25,000 mile / one-year drain intervals for turbodiesel trucks.
A Premium All-Fleet Oil
Signature Series 5W-30 Max-Duty Synthetic Diesel Oil will be a premium all-fleet oil engineered for modern diesel and gasoline engines.
- Meets the latest diesel and gasoline oil specifications, including API CK-4 and API SN
- Emissions-system compliant
- Low viscosity delivers protection equal to higher viscosity engine oils.
AMSOIL Heavy-Duty Synthetic Diesel Oil
AMSOIL Heavy-Duty Synthetic Diesel Oil will provide outstanding protection and performance for customers seeking an upgrade over conventional and synthetic blend diesel oils, while being price-competitive with other synthetic brands in the marketplace. AMSOIL Heavy-Duty Synthetic Diesel Oil will be available in 15W-40 and 10W-30 viscosities, as well as a new 5W-40 viscosity.
- Heavy-duty engine protection and performance
- Excellent opportunity for price-conscious customers to move up to AMSOIL quality
- Reduced oil consumption
See “Change Is Coming” for more information on the new standards
The above information is from AMSOIL Magazine, November 2016, Dealer Edition.