If you own a European vehicle you need to make sure you or your technician are using the appropriate oil for that vehicle.
API vs European Standards
While using oils meeting the appropriate current API specifications for most vehicles will satisfy the manufacturers requirements, that doesn’t apply to European vehicles. Each European manufacturer sets their own standards for the oil used in their vehicles. Chrysler, Ford and GM are also starting to add more stringent requirements on motor oils. And just because you have an American made vehicle, it doesn’t mean that the engine isn’t a European engine requiring a different oil. AMSOIL offers 6 different formulations to meet the majority of European oil requirements. If you want the best oil for your vehicle, American, European, Japanese, Korean or any other country of origin, check out the AMSOIL Auto / Light Truck Lookup for the correct recommendations or this version for more detailed information.
For more information on the AMSOIL line of quality synthetic motor oils select any of the following links. If you still have questions or would like a quote, feel free to Contact Us.
- European Oil Product Information (Click On The Specific Oil You Are Interested In For More Information)
- European Oil Product Data Sheet
American Petroleum Institute (API) Oils
- API Oil Product Information (Click On The Specific Oil You Are Interested In For More Information)
- API Product Data Sheets
- Diesel Oils Product Information (Click On The Specific Oil You Are Interested In For More Information)
- Diesel Oil Product Data Sheets
- Signature Series Max-Duty Synthetic Diesel Oils
- Heavy Duty Synthetic Diesel Oils
- Synthetic Diesel Oil (0w20 & 5w30 For The New American Diesel Vehicles Requiring These Low Viscosity Diesel Oils)
- Dominator 20w50 Competition Diesel Oil
- SAE 15w40 Synthetic Diesel & Marine Motor Oil (For Pre-2007 Diesel Engines
- Series 3000 5w30 Synthetic Heavy-Duty Diesel Oil (For Pre 2007 On-And-Off-Road Diesel Applications Not Equipped With Diesel Particulate Filters (DPFs)
- For All Other Diesel Oils Listed, Select The Oil, Select “Technical Information / Data Bulletins to get the Data Sheet.
This Link will give you access to additional oils, transmission / hydraulic fluids, gear lubes, greases, filters etc.
If you have questions regarding any AMSOIL products, feel free to Contact Us.